Social media is undoubtedly the fastest growing channel for marketing and brand awareness, yet when away from the screens it is all too easy to let companies and businesses slip from the mind.
Promotional branded products can play a vital role in the retention of followers.
The industry has seen a marked upturn in the use of branded goods as an incentive for liking and following business pages – a ‘comment to win’ posting will generate vast amounts of interest, even if the incentive is a low value product such as a pen or a mug!
The hashtag symbol, which began in its modern-day use on Twitter, is now widespread – and often overused – across social media platforms. It does hold value though; by adding a widely searched phrase such #competition or #prize to a posting, traffic to your page will increase and your audience will grow.
5 key points for managing the use of promo gifts on social media –
1. Decide whether to give away many low cost items, or a few high value gifts – consider your target audience.
2. Check your branding! Don’t choose an item with a small print area – maximise the information you can share.
3. Make sure the rules are clear and undisputable.
4. Choose something that will not only appeal in an instant, but will also have a high retention value.
5. Check your settings – the advertising benefit will be lost if only your existing followers can see it!